If you love the Chevrolet Corvette, if you love cars or if you simply love a great story that creates so much happiness in the story teller, then this podcast episode is for you.
We review Pete Neild’s entire process of acquiring his magnificent Laguna Blue Custom Corvette C7: Calypso. We go through his personal life history with cars including a Corvette C5 and the “Black Rose” Corvette in custom purple, the research and rationale for his C7 purchase, and a step-by-step overview of the ordering and custom build of his car at the GM factory in Bowling Green, Kentucky.
We discuss so many issues including a large sink hole at the Corvette Museum that consumed 8 Corvette showpieces, Pete’s experiences racing Calypso at Laguna Seca through the Corkscrew, cross country trips, Route 66, Bob Stahl Chevrolet, the mysterious algorithm that determines dealer allocation, the possibility of Corvette being spun off as a separate GM division, and President Obama’s staff’s efforts to not only save General Motors but the Corvette itself.
#PursuitofHappiness #LiveYourLife #Corvette #C7 #R8C #MuseumDelivery
Pete Neild Document Resources Shared During Podcast:
- Corvette Museum Delivery Stats by Generation
- Pete’s Corvette C7 Option Prices
- Pete’s Corvette C7 Event Codes
- 42nd Annual Plastic Fantastic event flyer (Corvette Show at San Diego Embarcadero)
- Decoding Calypso’s VIN. How every digit and character breaks down.
Pete Neild Video Resources:
- Delivery and The Tail of the Dragon: https://youtu.be/13HLKBPR-9c
- My Route 66 Movie as I said is an hour and 41 minutes = https://youtu.be/xdgoPmOjkZs. This movie covers the entire trip. BUT here is the link to the play-list where videos 1 through 15 are shorter segments of the trip in order. The start of the Chicago (Video 9) to the Santa Monica Pier (Video 15). Route 66 The Movie Play List = https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLjkQQaCQ4NZg_mzXo6w9QJhHfaiF_jPoE
- Graduation “Tour” (Calypso’s first time on a track) = https://youtu.be/ty3Icb9z-8E
- My Best Lap at my first “Track Days” = https://youtu.be/A9GLyPb5kJs
- Laguna Seca “Corkscrew”. Calypso’s attempts with the comparison to the #3 car of Corvette Racing starts at this portion of the link: https://youtu.be/hablMDDOmZs?t=225. If you want to hear a description of the Corkscrew as “a challenge”, watch the video from the beginning; there is an intro done by iDrive TV.
- Plastic Fantastic event video with fantastic overhead drone shots of the event, San Diego Harbor, Coronado and the Embarcadero. https://youtu.be/bLJ6M-ykmso
- And as an Oh BTW, here is the link to a reference about “the guy” who assembled the team that went to GM for their bailout meeting. Connect the dots. Note who also owns a Corvette in the video. https://youtu.be/mP-hyDSlmUs
- Finally my favorite “Calypso Music” videos:
- Follow the Sun = https://youtu.be/labJVFS9Eb0
- The System only Dreams = https://youtu.be/1UUhVex_CI0
- Whisper of a Thrill = https://youtu.be/Re4_ggGQJeo
- Sand = https://youtu.be/8UvNFPKCTm0
- C7 Machine = https://youtu.be/J8wSLvqGBdc
John Riley Project Info:
- Bookings? Inquiries? Contact me at https://n0p.486.myftpupload.com/
- Donations: https://www.patreon.com/johnrileyproject
- Sponsorship Inquiries: https://n0p.486.myftpupload.com/sponsorship/
- YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJJSzeIW2A-AeT7gwonglMA
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/johnrileyproject/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/JohnRileyPoway
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/johnrileypoway/
- iTunes: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/john-riley-project-podcast/id1435944995?mt=2
- Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/3llrMItpbx9JRa08UTrswA
- Stitcher: https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/john-riley-project
- Google Podcasts: https://podcasts.google.com/?feed=aHR0cHM6Ly9qb2hucmlsZXlwcm9qZWN0LmNvbS9mZWVkLw
- Tune In: https://tunein.com/podcasts/Arts–Culture-Podcasts/John-Riley-Project-Podcast-p1154415/
- Listen Notes: https://www.listennotes.com/podcasts/john-riley-project-john-riley-2l4rEIo1RJM/
- Music: https://www.purple-planet.com