Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 43:19 — 19.8MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Amazon Music | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | JioSaavn | Podchaser | Gaana | Podcast Index | Email | TuneIn | Deezer | RSS | Subscribe to John Riley Project
It’s Tuesday, January 10th. Here’s a roundup of news stories in and around San Diego County. Here’s what John Riley thinks:
San Diego: The Need for more Water Infrastructure
- The feast and famine cycle of droughts and floods in California
- Assemblyman Vince Fong
- Positive Developments in San Diego County with Desal Plant, Pure Water recycling, expansion of San Vicente Dam.
- Some cities installing cisterns beneath parks to capture and store water.
- Poway making progress on water infrastructure.
SDG&E: Gas Prices
- Wholesale prices up more than 300% since January 2022
- A household gas bill that came to about $105 last January is now estimated to leap to about $225 this month. That’s an increase of 114 percent.
- Prices are about current conditions and a view of the future
- It almost always comes down to supply and demand. But often there are policies that affect each.
- Demand high in the West (rain, snow, cold) – but mild weather in the East
- Approx 90% of supply comes from out of state
- Less supply – U.S. LNG exporters boosted shipments to Europe by more than 137% in the first 11 months of 2022 from the same period in 2021, according to data from Kepler, supplying more than half of Europe’s imported LNG and helping the region weather a more than 54% plunge in piped shipments from Russia.
- Biden administration considering ban on gas stoves. Due to asthma or climate change policy?
- San Diego County Cities are already banning gas in new construction: San Diego, Encinitas, and possibly Del Mar.
- What can you do? Be energy self-sufficient. Solar, battery, LED. Wear a sweater. Control what you can control.
Carlsbad: Traffic Calming, Roundabout
- City asking for input for roundabout at Carlsbad Blvd (PCH) and Tamarack Ave.
- Carlsbad already has one roundabout in development at Carlsbad Blvd and Cannon Road.
- Discussion of roundabouts in Poway.
#carlsbad #water #SanDiego #SDGE
Get San Diego news and newsmaker updates, plus proven and easy-to-implement strategies to pursue your happiness. Sign up now. It is FREE! https://johnrileyproject.com/
Be sure to share this video with a friend!
Happiness76.com – your source of gear that celebrates Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.
PowayStore.com – your source for Poway t-shirts, gifts, and other Poway swag.
I also co-host a podcast with legendary sports talk icon, Lee Hacksaw Hamilton. Check out Lee Hacksaw Hamilton’s podcast every Thursday at 3pm on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter or wherever you get your podcasts.
☆☆ STAY CONNECTED ☆☆
SUBSCRIBE for more reactions, upcoming shows and more! ► https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJJSzeIW2A-AeT7gwonglMA
FACEBOOK ➡ https://www.facebook.com/johnrileyproject/
TWITTER ➡ https://twitter.com/JohnRileyPoway
INSTAGRAM ➡ https://www.instagram.com/johnrileypoway/
SPONSOR ➡ https://johnrileyproject.com/sponsorship/
DONATE ➡ https://johnrileyproject.com/donations/donation-form/
MUSIC ➡ https://www.purple-planet.com